Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Beyonce + Gaga

I was pretty psyched for Video Phone to come out because although I'm outwardly in love with Lady Gaga, Beyonce has always had a pretty big piece of my heart. What can I say? I grew up bumping Destiny's Child (CUZ YOU A BUGABOO, A BUGABOO [I'm effing sorry]!) and deep down I know I'd go gay for her if given the chance. 
I thought the combination Gaga and Sasha Fierce would blow my mind, but to echo the opinions of other people, Video Phone left me feeling a little underwhelmed. My main problems with it are the lack of Gaga, some really fug outfits on Beyonce, and Lady Gaga's plastered hookerface makeup, which has evidently become her "natural" look. Gross. 
I can forgive and forget, though. I really love the Tarantino feel, especially in the beginning. The choreography is pretty half-assed but some parts are cool...I like the camera-head men. I think what basically saves everything is Beyonce's look at 2:53. Uh...cholla Bettie Page? God yes, dude. I want a fucking wig. 

In other news, I've been watching a lot of Tarantino films in my literary analysis class and I need to see Inglourious Basterds again. I've developed a slightly creepy crush on Christoph Waltz. What can I say? I'm obsessed with older men, but not Nazis. Whatever. His under-bite is so endearing. 

Oh my god, guys, he is so adorable in real life, too.
 
 Lah, lah, love

5 comments:

  1. meh, underwhelmed is an understatement. i was less than impressed, telephone better be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. girrrrrl, DC were talkin' 'bout "bugaboos", TLC wasn't messin' wid no "scrubs", ya her?

    ps. you said you would tell me when your tarantino viewings were so i could sit in!!! are there any more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh shit i'm getting my childhood r&b girl groups confused!
    we aren't watching kill bill vol. 2 til the last week of school and it's a pretty small class...we should watch it together sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This music video is not good, I do however love the cholla bettie page too. Probably the only time I've ever liked how Beyonce looks. And what the fuck is this song? Bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. " I grew up bumping Destiny's Child (no scrubs!) " Youch!!!!! Foul ball.

    ReplyDelete