Sunday, November 8, 2009

And then you die.

What am I doing? What do I ever do?
I tired of writing papers...not the time and effort they require, but the monotony of writing one after another. They don't mean anything. Everyone knows this, but as humanities students we calm our consciouses by discussing why art matters, why thinking about art matters. But every time I do literary analysis the final product is rarely very satisfying because no one gives a shit. No one gets it, and I don't blame anyone for it. 
I only feel really good when someone reads and enjoys my poetry, but writing good poetry is so incredibly rare for me. Out of all my work, I'd say I have one really good poem. One. Who the fuck cares if I have on poem that's decent?
I'm not trying to make this into a self-pitying rant. I just wish I was remotely interested in science, or something useful. I should go to law school, probably. 

The funny thing is I just wrote a personal statement about why the humanities are important and why I plan to become a teacher. Yay, bullshit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment