Friday, October 2, 2009

3 Miracles of October

October is my FAVORITE, and not only because it's my birthday month. In Tucson it starts getting perfect outside: bearable during the day and cool breezes at night. It's hot enough to swim until Halloween, when it officially becomes winter-coat weather. I love it, and yesterday the first day of the best month of the year certainly did not betray me. There were little miracles happening all around and I'll share just three with you.

First of all, Andy and I were reading last week's Tucson Weekly in search of somewhere new and exciting to eat in celebration of the end of Midterms. Whenever we feel like splurging (I hate that word) on a meal, we usually stick to Yoshimatsu or El Minuto, but since I had a copy of the Weekly lying around we though we'd try something different. We decided to go with Char's (5039 E. 5th St.), which was voted best Thai restaurant. I haven't been that far east in a while but it was worth it. It's adorably-decorated and family owned, with little Thai babies running around saying hi to you every five minutes. The table we sat at was plastered in pictures of Princess Diana, which was equally awesome and creepy. The food was amazing and well-priced (8-ish dollars for most meals). Whatever I got was fucking amazing and I ate the entire thing even though it was way too much food. I don't even know if I've ever had Thai food before, but I'm coming back to that place ASAP. 
The second miracle of the day was simple: I somehow found a bra that doesn't make my boobs look fucking HUMONG. 'Nuff said, dudes. That kind of thing never happens to me and I'm so fucking happy. 
Last miracle: PUMPKIN PIE SHEESHA. Oh man. Andy and I went to Moon later in the night to get some more Jasmine sheesha, which has been the only thing we'll smoke for a while now. We were talking to the lady there about other kinds to try and she let us smell Pumpkin Pie, which they had just gotten in. She said people either love it or hate it, and I decided to try it because it seriously smells so good you could eat it. It's pretty awesome. It tastes like pumpkin bread and makes the house smell like baked goods, which I can always appreciate. I can imagine it will be absolutely perfect when it gets a little colder outside, it's a great seasonal scent. LOVE IT.

Well, I hope October continues to be such a badass. I plan to enjoy my last days of underage drinking tonight and tomorrow night, hopefully sipping 40's like the good ol' days. Bittersweet, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment